Thank you for sticking with me through our adventures! You are the best.
I got a little behind on my weekly recipes with the trip and recovering from the trip. (shouldn't there be a grace period after each vacation to recover?) But the new recipes have been coming.
I though it was time for a dessert. My BFF Melissa gave me a late Christmas present of a recipe and the necessary ingredients for a delicious cookie bar. (including an apron I adore.) I made them for a get together. Yes, I am crazy for trying a new recipe for a group of people, but it made a lot and it would be physically impossible for me to work off all of the calories at the gym that I would have gained by consuming the entire pan. (But it would've been delicious.)
CARAMEL COOKIE BARS
2 c. real butter softened
2 1/4 c. brown sugar
3 c. flour
3 c. quick Quaker Oats
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
1 bottle of Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch ice cream topping (I could eat this by the spoon.)
1 pkg. milk chocolate chips
1. Mix first 6 ingredients in a very large bowl.
2. Take out 1/2 of mixture and set aside.
3. Press remaining mixture into large cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
5. Let cool a bit and spread on caramel topping.
6. Sprinkle on chocolate chips and cookie crumbs.
7. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes at 350.
8. Take out and LOVE IT.
We ate it at the party with ice cream on top. I thought it was OK with the ice cream. But we ate it alone later and it was much better.
When I asked Jacob what he rated it he said, "Oh, at least a 4.7." Well, said.