With our aforementioned peach overload, we found a great recipe to use peaches for a main dish instead of a traditional dessert. And from Gwyneth Paltrow no less.She's good for more than just guest starring on 'Glee.'
Gwyneth Paltrow's Grilled Chicken with Peach BBQ Sauce
Adapted from Bon Appetit
- 1 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches or 9-10 ounces frozen sliced peaches, thawed, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I love mine from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or 8 chicken tenderloins (our personal favorite)
- Vegetable oil
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Season lightly with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer until peaches are very soft and flavors meld, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat; let cool.
2. Pour peach mixture into a blender and purée until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place half the sauce in a medium bowl; add the chicken and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, or cover and chill for up to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
4. Prepare a grill (we use a Foreman) to medium-high heat. Grill chicken until browned and almost cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side. Brush on all sides with reserved sauce; grill until glazed and cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side. Slice crosswise. Serve remaining sauce alongside.
Rating: 4. The chicken really flavorful and moist. But I did not like the sauce on the rice we had as a side. A great mixture of flavors. Not one overpowered the other to create the delicious sauce.
Note: After a long day at work, Jacob made this for me. I didn't lift a finger. Love him.