I am definitely behind on my weekly new recipes, but I have to kick it up to make it 52 new recipes this year. I can do it!
To start, we did it Greek style (kind of) at our house. This was another meal of necessity because we happen to already have everything (and every other recipe we were missing something).
Spinach and Feta Pasta
from Our Best Bites cookbook
8 ounces penne pasta
1-2 tablespoons EVOO
1 onion, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
3 cups fresh spinach (my favorite!)
1 (28 oz. can diced tomatoes
4 ounces feta cheese, all crumbly
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat up some EVOO in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. (This is my favorite smell in the entire world.)
3. After onion is tender, add spinach and cook until wilted.
4. Add tomatoes and heat through.
5. Add drained pasta and crumbed feta. Season with S & P.
6. Heat and serve. Top with some extra feta.
Rating: 4.6. Loved this meal. It was creamy and flavorful and practically everything was a vegetable (besides the pasta). Plenty of flavor. I am just sad we didn't make enough for leftovers.